Sodium hypochlorite, effective virus disinfection.
Concentrated Sodium Hypochlorite liquid very effective in cleaning and disinfection of the virus.
The most effective way to carry out a deep and fast disinfection is to make sure to wipe the entire surface to be disinfected and leave the product to act for 5 to 15 minutes.
Relevant uses: Cleaning and disinfection.
To disinfect surfaces:
Although we cannot control the dirt of the elements outside, we can control the dirt in our own home. For this, we list some products that will help you to disinfect at home.
- Bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite): is one of the key products to disinfect. However, the OCU recommends first cleaning the surface thoroughly with soap and water. Then use sodium hypochlorite mixed with cold water, since with hot water the chlorine evaporates and does not serve as a disinfectant. Ventilate the facilities during the operation.
WHO recommendations for the treatment of infectious diseases.
Faced with the dimensions of what is happening, the WHO has issued a series of recommendations to protect ourselves from infection.
- Clean your cell phone and electronic devices with a cloth soaked in bleach + water or alcohol every time you take them outside. Protect your personal items inside and outside the home, keeping surfaces as clean as possible.
- Among other measures, change and wash regularly the bathroom towel. And if there is an infected person at home, it is recommended that they have their own items for personal use, both hygiene items and kitchen utensils.
- Hand washing is also a priority, avoid contact with other persons within one meter and avoid touching our eyes, nose or mouth.
- In case of coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with your elbow or a tissue. The used tissue should be discarded immediately.
- The use of the mask is only justified in people who are infected or think they may be infected in order not to infect others. Also in health personnel or family members attending patients to avoid contracting the infection.
Sodium Hypochlorite Hazard Statements
Aquatic Acute 1: H400 – Very toxic to aquatic organisms
Aquatic Chronic 2: H411 – Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Eye Dam. 1: H318 – Causes serious eye damage
Skin Irrit. 2: H315 – Causes skin irritation
P102: Keep out of the reach of children P260: Do not breathe dust/smoke/gas/mist/vapours/spray
P280: Wear protective gloves/clothing/goggles/face shield
P301+P330+P331: IN CASE OF INGESTION: Rinse mouth. DO NOT induce vomiting
P303+P361+P353: IN CASE OF SKIN (or hair) CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing immediately. Rinse skin with water or shower
P304+P340: IN CASE OF INHALATION: Move the person to fresh air and keep him/her in a position that facilitates breathing
P305+P351+P338: IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT: Rinse thoroughly with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing
P501: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with current waste treatment legislation.
EUH031: Contact with acids liberates toxic gases
EUH206: Caution! Do not use together with other products.
May release hazardous gases (chlorine).